![]() |
| Montage of scenes from Spirited Away , one of Yamauchi's crowning achievements. |
Amuse me foolish humans.
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Another Loss in the Anime World: RIP Shojuro Yamauchi
As I am still fighting the horrid Blue Screen of Death, I checked Twitter and saw that Shojuro Yamauchi has passed away. Although he is not a famous director , he was a key animator in popular and memorable movies like Spirited Away, Grave of the Fireflies, Future Boy Conan, and Lupin III , just to name a few of his works. These are not just some ordinary anime films; these are classics which carry a great clout with excellent animation under Yamauchi. May he rest in peace and may his work in films continue to be acknowledged. However , with the death of Kon yesterday, I'm starting to wonder if this is death by three kind of thing or a deeper kind of conspiracy...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
On November 3rd, 2004, I was a young twelve year old who couldn't believe how stupid the American public was: George W. Bush was re-elec...
-
Alright so its been a while since I've updated this atrocious thing of a blog. And I fervently apologize. School work and jobs tend to o...
-
Though I have never gone to an Anime Convention, I do like to think up of plausible cosplays I could use in the future for whenever I decid...
-
Alright so I haven't posted anything in SUCH a long time, and I apologize. I was working on my book, watching anime, and being construct...
-
Everyone has heard Green Day song " American Idiot" which criticizes the US Government, and the individuality and sense of the ...
-
All right, so I have survived my first week of college at Rutgers University (Newark Campus if you want to know). As an incoming college fre...
-
I love my job at the Barnes & Nobles / Starbucks Cafe . Although I'm a cafe server, trotting around in my green apron, serving coff...
-
And Rafael Nadal has done it again. He defeated Novak Djokovic at the 2010 US Open Men's finals, adding to his collection of champio...
-
Normally, I'm not a fan of starting brand new animes, especially those that are really modern. I'm all for the the old school Cowboy...
-
This past Tuesday, I hurried over to Best Buy to claim my pre-ordered DVD of Robin Hood (2010) directed by Ridley Scott. I watched it again ...

No comments:
Post a Comment