Amuse me foolish humans.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Death of an Anime Genius

As I returned from fighting with the financial aid office of Rutgers University for my scholarships, I noticed that twitter was all a buzz. I soon found out that the great Satoshi Kon was dead.  For those of you who do not know who he was, he was the director of many anime movies, namely Perfect Blue, Millennium Actress, Tokyo Godfathers, and Paprika. Though I haven't seen all of his films, I was able to experience his directing and animating genius through Tokyo Godfathers. 


Tokyo Godfathers Movie Poster
Dead at the young age of 47, Satoshi Kon was working on the production of another movie: The Dream Machine which is scheduled to be released in 2011. Nevertheless, Kon's masterpieces shall be cherished for years to come. 

" Dreams do come true. I always dreamed of being the mother of a little girl. A nice, warm house, a pretty daughter. Even if my husband was no good... I would accept dire poverty as long as I had my child. "- Hana from Tokyo Godfathers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts