Everyone has heard Green Day song " American Idiot" which criticizes the US Government, and the individuality and sense of the American people. Though it came out in 2004 , in a post 9/11 era, I think it can be applied to the current state of our country.
 |
| American Idiot Album Cover |
There are two great divisions of the American people. One part of the population are living in reality; they are aware with what is going on in the country, and though it is not changing rapidly; they acknowledge the fact that President Obama is doing his best. However, there is the other side... the *idiot* side. This is the Tea Partyists and Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck. They are the religious right who believe that Barack Obama is enforcing "Islamic Law" on the United States and that he is indeed a Muslim or a terrorist. It's not that I believe that everyone should be so supportive of the president. Opposition is good too, but there has to include a supportive backbone to it, such as FACTS! If you think that is insane, listen to Republican Newt Gingrich saying that President Obama is " so out of our comprehension that only if you understand Kenyan anticolonial behavior can you piece him together". Kenyan? Anticolonial? Baffling, right? It's also interesting to see the Tea Party Slogans that they want to " Take back America" and that they need to "Redeem America's Honor". What do they mean by taking back America? I mean no one took it away from us, at least that I know of. And redeeming America's honor? How come I didn't hear this during the Bush administration? They claim President Obama is a 'Socialist'. But how? If anything he is a centrist liberal, which many of the Amerians who live in the reality can agree with.
 |
| Um... he's a US Citizen... he was elected by the people of America... and its bastards like you who trash this country with your ignorance. |
I understand that the Tea Partyers are angry and impatient with the government, however they must understand, by supporting the idiots who caused this mess to begin with will not solve the problem. A good analogy would be this: a patient is loosing blood in copious amounts. The first doctor treats him with leeches , and hope everything will be better. The patient is now dying and is continuing to loose blood. Then he decides to switch doctors. The new doctor bandages the wounds of the bleeding patient; not curing his illness, but managing to stop the profuse bleeding. Now, because the patient wasn't fully cured, is he supposed to go back to the first doctor who treated him with leeches? I think not.
It is quite pathetic that we see such large influxes of people buying into this conservative and racist propaganda against President Obama. Yes, race is a big factor in this. Why else is it called 'take back America'? They want to return America to it's 'White Power'. Europeans and other countries laugh at the mass stupidity fomenting in our country. They know that President Obama is doing so much for the country, and in the end the country is trying to impeach him.
 |
| Liberate? You act as if we are living under some dictator. But I agree, we need to liberate ourselves from idiots like you. |
We Americans were not always stupid. What happened to the America of 1776? With great thinkers like Thomas Jefferson or George Washington? Or the America of 1863? With great leaders like Abraham Lincoln, who manage to salvage the divided Union? What happened to the America of old; where the public wasn't brainwashed, that people actually thought on their own with out joining the bandwagon?
Nevertheless, I can't help but do this, when I think of the current state of our country:
 |
| This summarizes it all. |
My Conclusion? The government Is an istitution for douchebags... *Headdesk*
ReplyDeleteI have hope that the "Silent" majority of Americans got their head on straight. Only the loudest minority is being heard. Of course that the most opinionated people tend to vote in primaries and such. So, it's not really a good way to test the mood of the country based on local elections. Since each part has it's own culture. I have hope that the country will see the Republican Party split like they did with the Bull Moose Party leaving a Democratic win. The GOP has no leaders or a unified goal. I see it happened before and it will happen again. It's predictable.
ReplyDeleteI have to admit that i don't have the time to investigate every political issue that is expected of me as a citizen. I haven't lived long enough to see how certain types of politicians act once they get elected. I don't think a lot of my neighbors have enough political experience to really know either. I just want to build things. Big things. Preferably spaceships. What would you have me do, Miss Haruhi?
ReplyDeletegotta agree with this, just because Obama is black doesn't mean he's stolen US ( how's that possible anyway? ). The fact is a lot of Americans are still downright racists and are not liking Obama's neutral way of managing everything. what do I think ? This guy's going to the history books for many more reasons, & i mean positive ones.
ReplyDelete