Amuse me foolish humans.

Saturday, September 4, 2010

College: The New Frontier

All right, so I have survived my first week of college at Rutgers University (Newark Campus if you want to know). As an incoming college freshman, I was filled with a strange uncertainty and excitement which flooded my whole being.  It was a bit shaky at first, trying to make friends, but soon I seemed to attract the foreign exchange population of the university who barely spoke much English. Nevertheless, foreigners or not, friends are friends, and it is quite obvious that I am extremely open minded to non-Americans, especially with the fact that  I have a European boyfriend. Along with making friends, I managed to find my way about the urban jungle and took advantage of the Starbucks in my campus.( I will be buying a Starbucks card soon. Mocha Frappuccinos.. need I say more?)
Mocha Frappuccino... *__* Me gusta mas..
The classes I am taking are lovely hardcore classes that have no frivolity of any sort in them and which I will have a lack of sleep for the semester . (Yay science major!) Oh well, it should all pay off in the end... at least I hope.  In addition, I had to deal with another aspect of a commuting freshman: public transportation. While enjoying my classes and trying to make friends is extremely important, getting home is  also quite necessary. Not to mention, trying to find out which bus to take home and hoping that the bus driver will actually STOP after SEEING you wave your limbs and CHASE after it. *grumbles to herself *


ANYWAYS! College seems to be totally awesome so far, and I really hope it will stay awesome for the next four years!

3 comments:

  1. *____* Your beloved European boyfriend is drooling over that Frappuchino *____*

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!XDDD Don't worry, I'll treat you. :3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mocha Frappuchinos are my favorite!! No else can compare to starbucks frappuchinos....now i really want some

    Anyway, I'm happy that college is going great =D. The hardcore classes and sleep deprivation because of your science major reminds me of AP Bio. A lot of work but you still learn interesting and cool things right? ^^

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts