Though I have never gone to an Anime Convention, I do like to think up of plausible cosplays I could use in the future for whenever I decide to go. Haruhi Suzumiya is obviously one of my top choices. Simple and extremely doable, not to mention quite comfy, white shirt with red ribbon and blue skirt, brigade patch, yellow headband, obnoxious personality and WHAM! You have Suzumiya Haruhi.
 |
| Simple and ready for action: Haruhi Suzumiya |
Tifa Lockhart is my favorite female Final Fantasy character ever. Beautiful and kicks major ass, Tifa is what you call an empowered woman. There are three options for Tifa: the original FFVII design used in the game ( white tank top, mini skirt, suspenders) , the Advent Children design (black tank top, black shorts, black skirt thingy behind her), and the Crisis Core design (cowgirl outfit). For me, I prefer the original Tifa sketch, other than the gloves, its really easy to emulate without denting my wallet.
 |
| Original FFVII Tifa |
Because I'm of Indian descent , I do like to try to find anime characters that I could resemble. ( Another reason why I tend to choose dark haired characters). The perfect character for such need is Oerba Yun Fang from Final Fantasy XIII. I mean honestly, she's wearing a damn sari, how Indian can you get?! Tousled dark hair with a mysterious personality, Fang is truly an awesome character to cosplay,and for me, I actually own a blue sari similar to hers! Of course there are a few alterations to come into play; not to mention how the hell to make her giant spear.
 |
| Oerba Yun Fang: the savior for female Indian Otaku |
Obviously, these are only a few of the characters I wish to cosplay as; the possibilities are endless and nameless. However, for Comic Con (whenever I decide to go), I have only one character in mind to cosplay as: Wonder Woman. As a child, my dream was to be as cool and beautiful as Wonder Woman when I grew up. While, I still have my doubts whether or not I managed to fulfill that dream, I would love to cosplay as my heroine. Though her outfit may seem a bit... scandalous or seductive in many people's eyes, Wonder Woman still is the essence of female power... and I would still want to cosplay as her, knowing the risks that will come with it. Besides, why else would she bring her Lasso of Truth with her all the time?
 |
Move over Superman, Wonder Woman has it happening.
|
I vote for the Oerba Yun Fang option. She's the only cosplay outfit that also arms you for combat in real life. I'd definitely recommend saving up for a large spear. A great way to pass on your interest in Final Fantasy to the next generation.
ReplyDeleteIf you *do* go the Wonderwoman option, I'd recommend getting a lasso made from segments of super-tough nylon. Lightweight yet still has high tensile strength.